BCG Platinion; BCG Digital Ventures
Tristan Hoag; Dutch MacDonald; H.R. Shiever; Sherif Choudhry; Eike Kock; Lilin Huang; Alison Rushworth; David Trumpey
Edited by: Joaquim Cardoso, BCG
What was the problem?
Our client, a leading integrated health system, wanted to use technology to create a more seamless, customer-centric experience for patients.
What was the approach?
- Using human-centered-design principles,
- we interviewed more than 100 individuals to understand their pain points in interacting with the broader US health care system.
What was the diagnostic?
- Overly complex systems that made it difficult to get answers about care or to access billing information.
What was the solution?
- These insights informed our design of a digital front door:
an easy-to-navigate portal for the full health care journey.
- Significantly, the system can triage patients, providing a level of diagnosis that may negate the need for in-person care.
What are the results?
- Indeed, our client estimates that the digital product is responsible for 1,500 fewer hospitalizations each year.
Originally published at: https://www.bcg.com