Health Transformation Institute (HTI)
Joaquim Cardoso MSc.
Chief Researcher and Editor
November 4, 2022
Retailers Offer Commodity Prices for Commodity Healthcare Services [US]
- While prices vary among retailers, their rates consistently fall below that of traditional non-retail urgent care.
- In addition, consumers may be attracted to the price transparency offered by large retailers.
- Services offered are:
(1) Office visits
(2) Flu Test
(3) Strep Test
(4) Lipid Panel
- Wallmart offers services for 10% to 30% of the prices of traditional Urgent Care Services
- Big Retail Health Care
- Care Outside the Hospital
- Low Acuity Commoditization
Source: Trilliant Health, October, 2022