JOHANNES THOMS; BARRY ROSENBERG; STEPHEN WADDEL; TORBEN DANGER; KARALEE CLOSE; BASIR MUSTAGHNI
This is an excerpt of the report “What the Data Tells Us About Digital Transformation, by Industry” with the title above.
The key findings for medtech companies
- About 30% of medtech companies have been successful with digital transformations, slightly below the cross-industry average
- Companies score well on leadership commitment but fall short on agile governance and deploying high-caliber talent.
- Going forward, medtech’s priorities are shifting to digital products and services innovation — in particular, digitizing the supply chain, support functions, and next-generation sales.
- Priority initiatives include understanding customer needs and preferences, improving demand forecasting to increase supply chain agility, digitizing finance activities, prioritizing digital customer demand, and creating a digitally enabled salesforce.
- Top priorities have been geared mostly toward digital reengineering of the value chain, led by digitizing support functions.
- Social priorities top the ESG agenda, including improving employee health and safety and creating personalized training programs.
Infographic (selected images)
Originally published at https://www.bcg.com